Monday, August 25, 2008

"faith. lindsey. faith. lindsey."


Hello Everyone! Tumaini is becoming more and more like home with each new day. As I mentioned in the last blog, your prayers are being answered - thank you! Since my last entry on here, I've spent 2 weeks now with the new SIM missionaries who are at Tumaini and we clicked instantly and I truly do praise the Lord for these friendships. Between getting to know the other Americans over meals and much laughter and getting closer and closer to the children and staff at Tumaini, the Lord is teaching me about focusing on what is truly important - loving Him and loving others....the rest is extra and I should learn to be content with much or little.

Good news: I have hot showers now! It turns out that I actually always had hot showers - I just didn't know how to work the little water heaters. Yes, I was a bit embarrassed at that, but I was too excited to let that bother me!

Faith, the 3-year old girl I've mentioned before, reminds me every day - more than once on most days - of why God led me to Tumaini. Since I first met Faith, she has this little thing she does with our names....she says our names back and forth..."Faith. Lindsey. Faith. Lindsey." Some days take more faith in God's plans and purposes than others. The awesome thing is that those days that take just a little more faith are those days that Jesus proves Himself just a little more. I'm loving that. Life here is all about faith for me...and my little Faith sweetly reminds me of that each day.

Much love,
Lindsey

FYI:
It takes a little while to upload pictures to my blog...so, I'm attaching the links to 2 of the other SIM friends' blogs and you can check out their pictures to see what's going on at Tumaini:)

Katie's: http://web.mac.com/katietinney/Africa/Welcome.html
Austin's: http://austin-kenyadigit.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Everytime I read your new blog, I feel better about you being in Kenya! I never doubted for a second that you were where you were supposed to be, but I worried about you being homesick and lonely. And as much as I know you miss all your family and friends, I see how happy you are to be there and know how much you dread leaving them! I am so thankful for all the chatting we get to do...I can pretend you aren't so far away. Keep showing those kids the love of Jesus!! I MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU!!! Praying for you always!!
Cindy

Kelsey said...

hello to my best friend. i miss you sooooooo much, seriously i do. reading your blog today, i realized how amazing it is that you are showing love to these children. you know how much i love kids, and they seem so precious, and i'm happy to share you with them. i saw pictures of katie's room, and it doesn't seem too bad.... i'm going to make sure crystal sees that, haha. love you bunches and praying for you.

Ellen said...

Hey Linds!I'm so thankful each time I get to hear from you.We are so proud of you.Praying for you each time you come to mind and sometimes that's several times a day.We miss you so much.Praising God that you have hot showers.Keep the Faith and know that we LOVE You LOTS!!!!
Muah-Elle

Dale said...

Hi Sweetie........ I have been working on this for a while now and my first message was lost; I think. Let's just call this a test this time.

Love,
Dad

Dale said...

I think I have it now. I will send a message on another day.

Love,
Dad